- Commercial roofing is a vital part of any business and choosing the correct option when it comes time to replace or restore it is essential.
- There are many factors to consider when making this decision, including the type of roof, the climate, and the budget.
- It is also important to repair any problems with the roof as soon as possible to avoid further damage.
- Several options are available for replacing or restoring your roof; the best option will vary depending on the individual needs.
Many commercial property owners must face the cold, hard realization that their roof is old and needs to be replaced. Unfortunately, many business owners are unsure what to do when this time comes. Do you replace your roof? Or do you restore it?
This blog post works as a guide to help you choose between replacing or restoring your roof, so you can decide what’s best for your property.
When Is It Time to Replace or Restore Your Commercial Property’s Roof?
If your commercial property shows wear and tear, it may be time to replace or restore your roof. Some common signs that it’s time for a new roof include leaks, missing shingles, and curling or cracked shingles.
Suppose you’re unsure whether you need a new roof or a repair. In that case, it’s always best to consult a commercial roofing contractor. They have the experience and expertise to assess the condition of your roof and make recommendations based on their findings.
It may be possible to repair small areas of damage rather than replace the entire roof. However, a replacement is likely the best option if the damage is extensive.
When choosing a new roofing system, it’s essential to consider both function and aesthetics. You’ll want to select a durable and long-lasting material, but you’ll also want to consider the curb appeal of your property.
What Factors Influence This Decision?
There are a few key factors that you’ll want to keep in mind when deciding whether to repair or replace your roof.
- Age: First, you’ll need to consider the age of your current roof. If it’s more than 20 years old, it’s probably time for a replacement. However, if it’s less than ten years old, you may be able to get away with a simple repair.
- Condition: Next, you’ll need to consider your roof’s condition. If there are only a few minor issues, then a repair might be all that’s required. But a replacement will likely be necessary if there is significant damage, such as large holes or leaks.
- Budget: You’ll need to consider the repair or replacement cost. If a repair is all that’s required, it will probably be less expensive than a replacement. But if a replacement is necessary, getting an estimate from a commercial roofing contractor is vital to ensure you’re getting a good deal.
Factors to Consider for a Commercial Property’s Roof
- The Material’s Durability: If you’re getting an asphalt shingle roof, you can usually expect it to last between 15 and 20 years. On the other hand, if it’s a metal roof, it could last up to 50 years. So, if you look at it as a long-term investment, metal roofs are usually the way to go.
- Climate: If you reside in an area with harsh winters, you’ll need to ensure your roof can withstand the heavy snow and ice. However, you may not need to worry about this much in a moderate climate.
- Style of Your Property: You’ll need to consider your commercial property’s style. Suppose it’s a historic building. In that case, you’ll want to ensure that any new roofing materials match the type of the existing structure. It’s worth spending some more money to maintain the integrity and style.
- Your budget is a significant factor to consider when choosing a commercial roofing system. You are sure to find something according to your budget while providing the necessary protection for your property.
Top Tips for Maintaining Your Roofing System in the Long Run
Once you’ve installed a new commercial roofing system, it’s crucial to maintain it properly to get the most out of it. Let’s explore a few tips:
· Inspect Your Roof Regularly
Inspecting your roof regularly to identify any potential problems early on is essential. If you wait until there’s an issue, it will be more difficult and expensive to fix. You can quickly get a free roof inspection from a professional roofing company.
· Keep Your Gutters Clean
Your gutters protect your roof from water damage. Ensure they are kept clean & free of debris so they can do their job efficiently.
· Remove Snow and Ice
In areas where snow & ice are common, removing them from your roof is essential to prevent damage. Ice can cause shingles to crack and break, while snow can lead to leaks.
· Make Repairs Promptly
If you notice problems with your roof, it’s crucial to make repairs as soon as possible. There are many DIY roof repair hacks. Remember, you will only worsen the problem if you wait to repair it.
Commercial properties require sturdy roofs. A roof protects your building from the elements and helps keep your business running smoothly. When you’re ready to replace your commercial roof, there are many factors to consider, including cost, durability, and aesthetic appeal.
If you have any questions about replacing or restoring your roof or need assistance, be sure to contact a professional commercial roofing contractor. They will be able to give you the guidance and support you need to keep your roof in top condition.
It can be challenging to find a genuine roofing contractor. Still, after learning more about us, we hope you’ll feel confident in choosing roofers of America for your next commercial roofing project. Our experienced commercial roofing contractors are licensed and certified to provide high-quality shingle installation at an affordable price. And don’t forget, we also offer periodic roof maintenance services to ensure your property stays in top condition.